One week ago our due date was four weeks away. That sounded like a safe distance. Plenty of time left before everything changes. Strangely, three weeks doesn't sound far away at all.
At the doctor's visit this week the baby was active and avoided the tazer. We got two pieces of good news: the first is that she has settled down in my pelvis and is sitting quite low--I know this is not at all predictive of when I will go into labor, but it feels good to know she is moving the right direction. The other good news is that the doctor predicted she was only about six pounds at this point, making her think that our child will be less than eight pounds at birth. I also don't put a lot of stock into this because I've known this guess to be quite off, but I'm going to approach labor sure that I will only have to push out a tiny little thing. There has never existed a "tiny little Hartemink" (David was 11 pounds, 6 ounces--my mom is a hero), but Clifton was only 7 pounds 7 ounces, so we're hoping he will add some normalcy to our child's chances of being a normal weight at birth.
Today was beautiful reaching 70 degrees, so we decided to take advantage of it. We got up early. Clifton went for a run as I biked alongside him. One would assume that the person on the bike has the advantage here, but somehow it doesn't work out that way with us. In the afternoon we packed a picnic lunch and drove into Denver to eat by the river. (We are trying to do the things that might not be done as easily once we have a baby.) Then we walked a couple miles alongside the river. Denver is a great city--we really should get down there more.
Now just to get ready for the snow that is coming tomorrow...
3 comments:
I pretty sure riding a bike and walking a couple of miles should help expedite that labor
Jan will be traveling to Denver this week, arriving tomorrow and returning last on Wednesday. No snow please! In fact, he will be there next week also and we both will be there, arriving on Easter Sunday for the week. Perhaps you can schedule delivery during one of these days when he or we will be there? We are staying at the Hampton Inn in Lakewood on Wadsworth. Let us know!
Girl you are amazing...............its great that you are staying so active!!!! I need to see some updated pictures
=)
Post a Comment