Friday, April 3, 2009

Houseless

As of today, we are houseless. The sign is gone from the yard. The lock-box is off the front door. Papers are signed. Deal is done. The real story isn't quite as smooth as that, but ultimately that is the ending. I thought maybe I'd be a little more emotional about it than this. We picked this house out together--though not even engaged at the time, and I'm pretty sure Clifton thought he was crazy to go from a one bedroom apartment into a single family home without even a ring on my finger. It was the house we came home to from our honeymoon. The house we poured hours and hours into--tiling, painting, moving rocks one by one from the back "yard" so we could lay sod, landscaping. The house we brought Naomi home to from the hospital. The yard where we planted a tree shortly after Naomi's birth (can we take that with us?). Yes, I'll get emotional about it when it finally comes time to move at the end of the month. But for now, we're just happy to be renters.

No comments: