I got it out my system last night though and did well this morning. Clifton brought Naomi to daycare. I picked up our babysitter and off I went. Suzi met me there with tulips and a peppermint mocha from Starbucks. I love her.
My schedule was full at work before the day started. Awesome. By the end of the day I was running 45 minutes behind. I hate running behind (and you know you hate when your doctor is) and rarely do it. I didn't get to my mailbox. And there are still about 100 voicemails to clean out from the past three months. But after staying past 6:15 at work, I had to get out. Home to Clifton and my sweet girls.
I got within a mile of home and was rear-ended. Ugh. The next hour was spent getting a police report, calling insurance companies, trying to figure out how we're going to get to Oklahoma this weekend... And then putting a very irrational and crazy Naomi to bed.
Don't get me wrong. It could be worse. Much worse. But I'm ready to be done with this day...
7 comments:
As Swiper the Fox would say, "Oh Maannnn!" You're doing a great job with everything, I'm sure. And I hope you have a peaceful Christmas!
yeah, it sucks, but the rental has a built in dvd player which will hopefully keep naomi quiet from here to oklahoma!
We love us some dvd player in the car! Sanity saver!
I'm glad you are okay and that the girls weren't in the car when the accident occurred!
thanks, casey. though a total drag to have to deal with the phone calls, paperwork, etc, more an inconvenience than anything else... glad you made it to CA safely! enjoy the rain. :)
awww, i love you too. and here i thought some flowers and coffee would ensure a perfect, peaceful day. huh.
I'm so sorry about the first day back!! :( Hope your week is going much better now. Glad to hear that the rental has a dvd player, nice!
Post a Comment