Going for a walk and stopping under our favorite tree on the block--this is also the tree under which we sit and wait for Naomi to get off the bus. Well, we used to. About three weeks into school she told me I didn't need to come to the bus stop any more. That didn't take long.
There are so many amazing trees in our neighborhood.
This doesn't do the colors justice, but the kid is pretty cute.
Taking a few minutes to throw some rocks.
And then back to posing in the fall colors
Sarah Mae wanted to prove she was there. And could stand. But refuses to walk again.
Naomi didn't go out on that first outing with us. I can't remember what it was, but she did something that needed a punishment, so she wasn't allowed to come on the walk with us. So after nap time we tried again.
October may be my favorite month.
Because of days like this.
...and the sounds and smells and colors that come with it.
I love the randomness of this. And it reminds me of "take a nap" if any of you remember that from an old video of Naomi and Amelia.
I really should crop out the fact that we don't dress her but then you'd miss her beefy thighs.
This is one of my favorites.
If it's not one kid making a goofy smile, it's the other. I mean, really.
These only look like half-real smiles because I started making fart noises.
You know what kind of restraint it takes to not tickle this kid?
We got snow this week so I tried to save the tomatoes that were still green on the plant. A morning's work and we have two gallons of tomato soup and 40 cups of pureed green tomatoes.
In a little jacket that a friend made for her.
Naomi's plans for her life: "I like art. I want to be at school to be an artist, but I am going to be on a farm. I am going to have a dog. A watch-out dog." (She tried really hard to write from left to right on this one.)
Seriously, when will she outgrow this weird awkward smile?
We met up with her friend Mac(kenzie) from school to go to the pumpkin patch.
Please don't ever tell Annika that we went somewhere fun without her and did things like this.
..and this. We'll have to go again with her. We promise.
These girls are such fun friends. In all the ways that Naomi is so predictably a girl, Mac is so predictably not. (If we are lucky, maybe some will wear off on Naomi! :)) But they are just right together. It's fun to be at a stage with Naomi where she's making her own friends. Some of the people who were my friends through high school were in my kindergarten class. It's fun to think that Naomi may be making some of her lifelong friends too.
2 comments:
This post reminds me of our walks around Reeds Lake in October. I just don't think there isn't anything one can't figure out/feel better about after having taken a walk in all that color. It's the BEST time of the year.
yeah, i guess spring is the logical choice of season for instilling a sense of hope and newness. but there is something about the fall--so rich in color and texture and sound. i agree that just being in it seems to create clarity and peace.
Post a Comment