Sunday, November 10, 2013

Feeling grateful

Like so many projects in my life, I see something in a catalog and I think, "I could make that." And then I call my mom who, for the record, is ridiculously more talented than I am at projects. She gives me this false sense of security by agreeing with me. "Of course you can make that." So two years ago I saw this banner in a Pottery Barn Kids catalog. It was a tree with pocket leaves in which you daily placed a note recording what you were thankful for that day. And so it began. The first year I got as far as thinking about the project and buying some burlap. Good start. Last year I was on maternity leave and thought for sure I could get it done. I bought some more fabric but that's about it. Then this year my mom was in town and decide to help me get started and here we are... Our family's Thanksgiving Calendar.






For starters, I'm thankful for these three little stinkers.

7 comments:

Suzi said...

Wow, this looks awesome. Good work, Alison and Dor!

TheWhiteFamily said...

Oh my gosh, this is awesome! What a great idea!

Mink said...

Thanks... It was fun (I can say this now that we're all done! :))

Anonymous said...

Love this and the 3 little stinkers!!! I am grateful for Clifton and Alison and Naomi and Annika and Sarah. From your very grateful Great Aunt Sara

Mink said...

and we are so thankful for you, aunt sara!

Fat Clown said...

I like how Sarah's in her wrestling position, waiting for the whistle so she can throw you to the ground.

Mink said...

she's coming for you first, FC.