Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Fall days by the lake

This lake. This view. Wanting to be close to this is what made us move to our current home.

And the warm days to spend by the lake are almost gone...

So we enjoy the sunsets while we can....

 
...crawling around, eating grass and leaves when Mama's not looking.
...play some ring around the rosey, which usually ends with a pile of giggling bodies...

Either a sweet sisterly hug or the beginning of a headlock.


Sorry about all the sunset pictures. It was so pretty. And I couldn't pick a favorite.

Watching evolving shapes and colors in the clouds with the sun setting.

And a final last look as we walk back home again.

This is a different day during the girls' Thanksgiving break when Naomi wanted to earn miles for her 100 Mile Club by running around the lake.

There she goes. This is all Clifton's genes. But I probably didn't have to tell you that.

2 comments:

Callie Feyen said...

That picture of Annika and Naomi lying on their backs is priceless.
When you have a chance, I'd love to know more about that running challenge. I think Hadley would love it.

Mink said...

It's a national club: http://100mileclub.com. The idea is that you run or walk 100 miles at school over the course of the year. Our school says that 0.6 miles is one mile for kinder and 1st grade, so really, it's her 60 mile club. :)

If you are bored I think you could volunteer to start this at their school. :)

Or, do you have Girls on the Run (GOTR) near you? That's a really great program too. http://www.girlsontherun.org/ It starts at age 8...