Last Saturday Clifton turned 40. I'm told this is a big deal. I guess I'll know when I get there in five to seven years.
So the girls and I dug through a lot of old photo albums and came up with this assortment to represent who he has been for all these years: son, brother, friend, runner, air force officer, and unrestrained front seat passenger at age nine. You know, how we all were in the 70s and 80s. Life was good. Mom's got shorter legs than dad? No problem. You just have to get everyone on the bench seat slinging their weight forward at the same time to get the seat closer to the wheel. Who wants to ride in the back of the pick-up?
We made a special birthday pancake for Clifton and had a nice day at home. The girls used money from their own piggie banks to take him out for frozen yogurt which was really taking themselves out since we didn't get any... But they were pretty proud of themselves for the idea.
But the big celebration was that night. We had a 1974 themed party. I baked this cake. The cupcake stand was Pinterest-inspired and largely Goodwill-executed.
A friend made these cupcakes.
We hung a disco ball, got some music going...
And celebrated this guy.
We were doing a 70s cheesy pose. Not sure what this has to do with anything, and when did Clifton start looking tanner than me?
Okay, that's more 70s goofy. But no 'stache.
And it's back. Guess I don't need to tell you that it wasn't real.
Unlike this guy's! What a friend. Todd grew facial hair just for this party.
And this is the wife that let him. Thanks, Catie! (Hope it's gone by now...)
Steve (who shaved his beard to get this sweet look) and Suzi
Seriously, we have awesome friends. Who else would humor us like this?
Jay and Christine--Christine got this from her mom who actually wore it and was apparently way cooler than the rest of us remembered the 70s being.
...as evidenced by these two... I had a hard time keeping a straight face with Graham that night.
This is awesome.
We weren't the only ones with the afro idea.
I think pregnancy would've given all these women an easy excuse to not play along but they did it.
Don't miss Dave's chest hair. Hairs. Both of them.
Even Karen, Val's best friend, who was in town for the weekend played along.
I didn't take nearly enough pictures during the party because I was just enjoying it...
...but I got a few...
Three of the four pregnant women....
I don't think Steve's chest hair was showing in his other photo.
Dave and Clifton
Happy birthday, Clifton. 40 looks good on you. (but lose the mustache.)
4 comments:
There is so much to love about this post I don't even know where to begin. You are the coolest wife EVERRRRRR. Also, will you ask Dave if I can please borrow those pants? They are so rad.
i think dave might've even made those pants himself. and you can borrow them any time but get yourself some serious platform shoes because the man is 6'8".
This all makes me so happy!! And I agree with Callie, you are the coolest wife EVER. What a fun party!
Happy 40th Birthday, Keek!! I'm afraid we are both "old & crusty" now, but you will always be older & crustier. Love, PAS
Hoorayyyy, it's finally taking my comments! :D
Post a Comment