Saturday, April 12, 2014

Early April


Don't be fooled. Not a snowflake in sight when we took this picture. The girls wanted to be astronauts and this is the best we could come up with for space suits. Naomi's got the steering wheel. Annika was responsible for the computer programming and the cell phone to call for help.

A highlight of our spring break was going out for tea with Miss Jessie and Mrs. Mom (Jess's mom). They had a little room filled with scarves and hats and gloves and necklaces to dress up.

And after we were ready, fur stoles and all, we sat down for tea.

We love Jess so much.

Annika was pretty excited to drop a sugar cube into her tea. I was pretty excited that we made it out without breaking any dishes.

A little outfit change and a couple more photos... Annika thought it was pretty cool that this particular fur wrap was a real animal, with a head and paws and everything. I know Sarah's squeezie thing is ruining the photo, but hell hath no fury like an 18 month old with her food forcibly removed. I know. I tried.

Burning some energy in the bounce house in the basement. Sarah can nearly keep up with the big girls.

Nothing to see here. Just playing pirates with peg arms. And every pirate needs a pet bear. With a peg arm.

And the battle begins...

Can't leave out this little pirate...who is at a distinct disadvantage with a purse slung over her peg arm.

Naomi brought this home and I thought it was a pretty amazing fox. So much that I didn't quite believe her when she said she drew it. Before I sound braggy, check out her person, head impaled on their own neck and no lower extremities...

I'm told this is a raccoon. With a party hat I suppose. And a baby?

And I'm totally keeping this for when she is 14.

The girls hadn't been able to visit Sean in the hospital because no kids can go on the postpartum floor during flu season.

So they were pretty excited to go visit and get to hold him once he was home.

Just snuggling a polar bear while reading a book about them. Probably also past bedtime.

We've gone around the lake a lot in the past week because it has been so nice and warm. On my last trip I noticed these guys in the tree right in front of us.

Wish I had my real camera instead of just a phone. Such magnificent creatures.

Looks like we have another righty. Phew.

Cute little stinker.

We had a 5K at school this morning which was dedicated to a little girl in 4th grade who was in a serious skiing accident last weekend.

Naomi and Mac are off.

Lost Mac but found Daddy and Sarah. Oh, and that's Naomi's reading teacher behind her. Not that you care, but my mom might.

I told them to pretend they were running without really running so I could get the picture before they ran away. Not totally believable, but entertaining.

And with this 5K, Naomi hit 100 miles for her 100 mile club! Now we get to sit back an be lazy again, right?

This is the property adjacent to the school's field. And this is Ginger. Or at least that's what the kindergartners have named her. Though I'm pretty sure she's a boy. Her secret is safe until she pees in front of the kids... Then there will be questions.

1 comment:

Callie Feyen said...

Well, this is just lovely. I love the imagination of your girls. It would be such fun to get all of our daughters together. Hadley and Harper would really dig the astronaut and pirate story lines. :)