Monday, October 20, 2014

Early October

I like to think that this is what Sarah would look like with a little facial hair. And bad teeth.

This kid is so proud of her heritage that she is all over the house and neighborhood wearing her wooden shoes. The neighbors love it. At 7am.

One night Naomi got a little boutique going, doing Annika and Sarah's hair and make-up. Which they tolerated extremely well I must say.

Naomi working on her figure four leg lock. What can go wrong with this?

Sarah cannot resist inserting herself into any fun that is happening without her. Naomi's got to rethink her strategy.

The kids had a day off of school, so Clifton took a day off work and we went to a pumpkin patch.

I was wedged into this so tightly that I was quite sure someone was going to have to cut me out at the end of the ride. Sarah had a blast so I guess it was worth it.

Annika on another little tractor ride.

Sarah was totally loving going over bumps on a tractor.

Nothing more disgusting than a petting zoo...

Seriously. So gross. I barely even believe in germs, and I'm grossed out. But kids love it.

Just pretend Sarah knows what she's supposed to be doing here. She's ready for the guillotine. 

Getting lost in a corn maze.

Naomi got on a bridge to scope out the maze. We have had the most amazing fall ever this year. Blue skies, awesome weather, vibrant colors. If it can stay this way for another six weeks I think I can survive winter.

Obligatory pumpkin patch photo.

There were so many cool pumpkins at this patch. 

Cozy Saturday morning in their robes. Sarah is now very proud of herself for screaming "eese!" and making this face when a camera comes out.


We got their soccer portraits this month.

And (wait for it) Naomi scored a goal one game.

Clifton ran the Denver Rock N Roll half marathon. We waited near the finish. Here is Sarah, our rabid little monkey saying "eese" with great gusto. And barefoot. Because her mother didn't bring her shoes. That's okay, baby is naked and seems to be doing just fine.

The girls love cheering on Clifton for his races. I do too.

He finished in 1:19:37.

Which made him first in his age division!

He got this snazzy finsher's medal. It's sparkly so it's a really hot commodity around these parts. And by "these parts" I mean our house.


It was a great day for running, but a little chilly to watching. You know, they should really think more about the spectators for these things--start later so we don't have to get up so early, give it a chance to warm up. Maybe serve some coffee and donuts for those of us non-runner types... I think I'm going to design and sponsor this kind of race. Who wants to watch with me?

4 comments:

Val said...

Oooooo! I'll watch that race with you. :)

Callie Feyen said...

Alison, your comments on the photos are so hilarious I'm usually gasping for air by the time I'm finished. I look forward to your witty remarks every time I see you've put up a new post.

Sara McDaniel said...

Ditto what Callie said about witty remarks. Hooray, Naomi, for scoring a goal & running a boutique! Love the girls' soccer pictures. How do little girls learn that hand on the hip pose so young? Love Sarah's goofy faces...it is always interesting with her around. And always interesting with 3 girls in the house!

Mink said...

Thanks, ladies! These captions write themselves with the comedy that the girls provide... and, Val, come to think of it, we don't need a race to sit around and drink coffee and eat donuts. When's our next morning out?