Sunday, March 1, 2015

February 2015


C
Clifton was going to take Naomi skiing for her first time ever this month. Instead she decided to get strep. So this is how she spent her day. (Don't be fooled, She got a milkshake out of the deal.)
   
...and this is how Clifton, Steve, and Dave spent their day at Loveland. Awesomely warm weather.

Over Presidents' Day weekend we drove to Oklahoma to hang out with lots of people we love. The weather was sunny and warm so we did things like blowing bubbles at the playground...

...and then chasing them down.

Sarah Mae is multitasking--talking on her bubble wand phone and blowing bubbles.

I love this maniacal little grin.

When's the last time you tried monkey bars? They are hard. My hands can't take it and I'm pretty sure I'd rip my arms out of my torso.

We went to visit this tower that was built in the 60s, closed down in the 80s, and then just re-opened this year. Clifton had childhood memories of this, and the kids thought it was great to run up and down those stairs.

At the bottom, ready for the ascent.

...and at the top with Grandma Clyde.

I figure I can cross the Space Needle off my bucket list now because this is kind of the same experience, right?

More fun playground time.

Decorating Valentine cookies.

And this is why Grandma Clyde is way cooler than me. There was frosting. And sprinkles. And freedom. I had to walk away.

We had a fun time visiting with the Farmers and Lori and Jerry too. Owen wasn't quite sure what to make of these girls...

Jack, Sarah and Owen banging out some tunes. It looks like they are having a real conversation here.

We used to get together for quiet dinners filled with great adult conversation and a glass of wine. Now we have minimally controlled chaos, constant noise, more wine, and a lot of love and laughter.

Mrs. Farmer gave the girls these fun headbands!

Playing some games in the tent.

This game involved dressing like princesses. Sarah helping Grandma Clyde get her bling on.


Getting ready to leave for the drive back to Colorado.

We hate saying goodbye.

Especially when this is what the roads looked like when we started. We weren't sure how long it was going to take us. Come on, Oklahoma.

But, you guys, this is what our kids can do for 12 hours straight. First road trip when Sarah would watch DVDs. And wear headphones. Someday I'll be Pinterest Road Trip Mom. It will be one of my boards and everything. There will be magnets and crafty snacks and educational flash cards. But for right now, I'm Escape With Your Sanity Mom.

Dave gave Clifton a snow-blower. It is very un-Colorado (you know, shoveling is a workout and snow-blowers aren't very green), but it was magic to watch how fast that thing worked.

It's been fun to have a lot of snow after a pretty dry winter.

I have a love-hate relationship with sledding. So much work to get three kids suited up. And someone will be crying by the end. (It might be me.)

But then there's this...

Seriously, winter, you've shown us how beautiful you are. Now go away.


This. This is what mornings are like here.

Naomi got strep for a SECOND time this month (not cool), but was on antibiotics and feeling good to go for her ski lesson at the end of the month.

She looks tough, huh? Don't mess with her. She'll wedge right through you.

The guys looking a little colder this time around.

A successful day of skiing (definition: no head trauma, no broken bones, wanting to go again) calls for some hot chocolate.

I stayed home with these two, where play time in the snow lasts as long as a kid is willing to keep gloves on. Not sure why they are obsessed with glove removal.

But they did get in some snow angels.

And are all smiles here.

And we closed out the month by celebrating Timothy's third birthday with him. Happy birthday, buddy!

1 comment:

Lori said...

As usual I'm laughing as I enjoy all the great photos! It was so wonderful seeing you guys :) And thank you for sharing these! XOXO