Tuesday, December 20, 2016

November 2016

This crazy kid turned four in November. 

The best part of being four for Sarah? The end of five point restraints. P.S. I took apart our car seat to convert it to a booster for the first time in seven years. The raisins that have been in there for that long took a screw driver to chisel off. P.P.S. I fixed Sarah's seatbelt before we drove around. I promise.

Luau birthday party with friends from our small group.

How adorable is Atticus?

Four. How did that happen?

It's good friends who are willing to attend toddler birthday parties.

Soccer season ended this month. Annika had a good season. Clifton, on the other hand, was ready to pull his hair out. A few challenges on his team.

It's all about the trophy. Not really, but kindof.

Sarah had a great last game of the season, scoring a couple goals. 

When asked if she wants to play in the spring, she said she didn't need to because she already had her trophy. See what I mean?

Oma is the only person in the whole world brave enough to take on a game of Life with three kids. At once. And actually try to play by the rules.

We save up our sewing projects for when my mom is in town. But we didn't count on this kind of sewing. Naomi dropped Sarah. Scalp laceration. Naomi and Sarah are crying. Annika's about to faint. Clifton's trying not to look as I put stitches in Sarah's scalp. At the dinner table. Why not?

Longmont Turkey Trot 2016!

Ready to go with Amelia and Asher.

It's a 2 mile race. Sarah insisted she was only running one mile. When we were almost done I praised her. "Sarah! You went two miles!" "No, Mama, I'm only doing one mile."

Crossing the finish line with Oma.

Ready for our friend Jen's James Bond villain/heroine themed birthday party. Clifton's Baron Samedi (below) and I'm Pussy Galore.



Naomi was pulling for Hillary Clinton in the election because she's a girl. So here I am with my three girls, watching the historic election that was supposed to prove to them that they could be anything they wanted to be. So I'm going to need one of you, female blog readers, to step up and run for president in 2020.

Spirit week at school: Monster Monday

Throwback Thursday to a different era: Annika is 80s, Naomi is 60s.

Hair like that requires hot rollers. 

Finally! Our first snow!

Sarah sat out there alone just eating snow. Weirdo.

Then Annika joined her for snow angels.

We drove to Dallas for Thanksgiving this year to see Lori, Jerry, Jack and Grace.

...and run in the Turkey Trot!

At the JFK Memorial Plaza, the speech Kennedy was scheduled to deliver that day before he was assassinated: "We, in this country, in this generation, are -- by destiny rather than by choice -- the watchmen on the walls of world freedom. We ask, therefore, that we may be worthy of our power and responsibility, that we may exercise our strength with wisdom and restraint, and that we may achieve in our time and for all time the ancient vision of "peace on earth, good will toward men." That must always be our goal, and the righteousness of our cause must always underlie our strength. For as was written long ago: "except the Lord keep the city, the watchmen waketh but in vain."

Looking out over the plaza, The "x" on the road marks the place of his assassination.

Delicious Thanksgiving dinner at Lori and Jerry's.

Heart. Melting. Sweet Baby Grace.

Railsback traditional game of Geezerball in the backyard on Thanksgiving. Kids v adults. We totally won, for the record.

Jack running his route.

What could go wrong? Nothing, right?

More football, This time monkey in the middle.

Out to dinner. We're a little obsessed with Baby Grace.

I mean, look at her.

All sweet and little and not talking back.

And when did any of my girls ever fall asleep on me?

Chelsea (Clifton and Lori's cousin) stopped by to catch up too. So fun to get all the kids together. Perfect end to a perfect Thanksgiving trip.

No comments: