Celebrating Amelia's TENTH birthday with a sleepover. How adorable is Atticus? (I don't want another baby. I don't want another baby. I don't.)
All ready to get their candlelight service on.
They humor me so much better when they realize presents are on the line.
Taking pictures with their friends helps too.
Opening stockings Christmas Eve.
A lot has changed since that first Christmas photo we took together in 2006.
Christmas morning in matching pajamas!
Annika made this for us at school. I won't lie. I teared up reading "One wish I have is to love people and for everybody to be loved." These kids. They get it sometimes. (Just not when they are tired or hungry or sometimes just because.)
Christmas afternoon with cousins, followed by Christmas dinner at Parsons.
We took the kids ice skating over break. I was definitely sure this was not going to go well. I expected tears. Maybe yelling. Certainly yelling. My yelling.
But give this kid a walker?
...and she's a terror on ice. She moved faster and more confidently than the rest of us, trying to put herself in dangerous situations.
To the point that eventually we took away her walker just to slow her down a bit. (Edited: this may not be working. At least I can't get it on my computer. I'll mess with it a bit. Just picture a reckless 4 year old running around on ice.)
Didn't take too long for them to work their way off the wall.
All for one and one for all.
On a snowy, windy day Clifton took Naomi and Annika skiing for the first time this season.
...while Sarah Mae took her first lesson. (That kid deserved it... just sitting there at the bottom.)
The big girls are even big enough to ride the lift together. (This terrifies me a little (a lot) but I can be cool. I mean, when's the last time someone fell out of a lift and died? (Happened the next week.) But statistically, right? Pretty unlikely. *Welcome to my head*)
Never in the history of ever has anyone been so excited to be told they need glasses.
Steam Fair time. These girls are building a prototype for the Stash of Secrets. It's a safe. For kids. To hide stuff from siblings.
They'll let you know when it goes to market. Or you can go to their website
Annika did an experiment with Peeves and Nick to see if they prefer a certain color light. And because you're dying to know. they don't.























No comments:
Post a Comment