Tuesday, April 18, 2017

February 2017

Father Daughter Dances. These were designed by a mom who had all daughters. Dad gets quality time with his girls. Mom gets time with a good friend drinking margaritas. Right, Marie? And, yes, Sarah was sobbing two minutes before this picture. It's just our life right now.

I hear the dance is mostly running around after balloons while wearing glow bracelets. And eating treats. And a little dancing.

Naomi. Audrey and Amelia... I can totally picture Homecoming 2027 when I see this... Hopefully cardigans and tights are still their thing.

Going out for pizza afterwards. These guys. They didn't even lose a kid.

Galentine's 2017.  Painting and wine and good food and a slumber party. Love these ladies.

I may have given them a little talk about falling off the lift and dying to make Annika hold on like that.

They love skiing so much with Clifton that I'm not sure we'll ever get them in lessons again. Which is fine. As long as they never want to learn to use poles.

The girls have improved a lot this season. Not surprisingly Annika is moving faster down the mountain than Naomi, because Annika lives closer to the edge.

And this little stinker? She's over the edge. Her teacher learned what we've known all along. She has no fear.

Annika was excited to make this hat for her doll on a loom.

More basketball for Annika in February.

She took a few shots. Even made one. We have a little off season work to do. What she lacks in skill at this point she makes up for in passion for the game. The kid is obsessed with March Madness.

Hiking Chautauqua with the Colorado Harteminks.

Such a gorgeous look at the Flatirons that day.

Periodically the wind would kick up and it felt like you were in a giant snow globe.

Clifton just taking it all in.


Ants marching on. The last little one stops to throw snowballs. And get close enough to slip and fall. But never somehow slipping and falling.

We love Colorado, especially on days like this.

Cousins.

I look over after dinner. Naomi's doing homework on the computer. Sarah's just watching. Probably telling her what she did wrong. Even though she can't read. And Annika's reading The Economist. Don't worry. It was about ways of reproducing without sexual intercourse.

School Arts Night, when Sarah (second row, left side, cream dress) our least shy kid becomes a statue.

Annika looking similarly stunned but, to be fair, everyone looks a little unsure.

Then she got to her key role on the xylophone which we didn't know about until she started playing. 

Third grade, Naomi in the front row, a spot I never ever had ever.

She also had a surprise solo. Our kids never tell us anything.

I love this bulletin board. I also love that kid proudly showing you her yellow seashell contribution. I also love that she uses glitter on crafts at school so I don't have to at home.

1 comment:

Callie Feyen said...

This is the best. I love your girls!