Wrapping up Sarah's soccer season.
And this sweet thing turned six on us.
For her party she decided to have her friend Brody over for pizza and a movie. It was supposed to be out to dinner. I suggested a local pizza place; she said she wanted Pizza Hut. I suggested maybe Red Robin instead for burgers. She said if we were doing burgers, she wanted Old MacDonalds. And it was supposed to be to go to the movies, but nothing good was showing. So she asked for redbox. Lowest maintenance birthday party ever.
On her real birthday we did get all fancied up for Texas Roadhouse and their peanuts and honey butter. Because that's the reason every kid (and I) want to eat there.
Not really Baby Sarah any more.
Back home for cake. Frosting that goes all the way around the cake is pretty optional in my book. And a couple plastic dinosaurs on it and you have a dinosaur themed birthday. Am I right? (I'm tired, guys, and have lots going on. Long gone are the pinterest themed parties. I do my best to remember my kids have birthdays.)
During work got this text from our PE teacher with the photo of Naomi and her two besties: "Railsback at QB, Hay and Gaddis as receivers. Fun day in PE."
I love this teacher.
Clifton ran the (apparently very bright) Longmont Turkey Trot with the girls while I was in Dallas having awesome girl time with Lori and Jamie.... Not sure why I don't have any pictures of that fun weekend... except that we mostly sat around in pajamas without showering, so it's starting to make sense to me now.
Sarah lost her first tooth! This is typical Sarah. She tells me her tooth is loose. I feel it. It's loose but not *that* loose. I tell her it will probably come out in the next few weeks. And just to prove me wrong she works that tooth all day long and yanks it out at bedtime. The one next to it came out two days later.
The next good snow! For now the kids seem to think shoveling is fun.
Ice skating over Thanksgiving break!
Dad was in Colorado on his 75th birthday, so we celebrated him together.
We gave him a copy of the book that my niece Abby made for my parents with pictures from our family reunion this summer.
And an afternoon at the movies to see the Nutcracker film with our ballet friends, Ava and Ella. Yep, that's a sun dress. Glad my kids aren't the only ones.
Thanksgiving day Turkey Trot with the whole family.
These girls paced me for a 34 minute 5K.
...while Clifton and Sarah ran together. Pretty much whoever runs with Sarah is there to catch all of her cast off clothing. Thankfully she's still got her shirt on here. For now.
These guys are super duper Thanksgiving hosts. Best turkeys ever.
For Dave's 40th birthday, Val planned a surprise trip for him to Vegas and let us crash in on it!
You know, in the lobby of a hotel. Just like any other Days Inn hotel lobby.
We saw La Reve/The Dream which was just amazing.
This sports bar opened at 9am so the Gator Alumni Association could host a viewing party.
It was incredibly fun to beat FSU with total strangers, especially with FSU fans just on the other side of those glass doors.
An evening down in Fremont, which is more like historic Vegas.
The closest we've been to Paris.
...and of course Vegas isn't Vegas without the Bellagio fountains.
Nothing quite like it.



























No comments:
Post a Comment