Sunday, June 12, 2022

April 2022

 Annika did some captions; just in case it's not obvious, I've made them red.

I love that at the end of every game Annika's coach has the players run across the field and collectively thank the parents.

A sneak peak at the amazing summer sunsets that are on the way!

Have you guys tried worldle yet? I pretty much never have any idea what country it is, so I pick any random one and work from there. This particular night Sarah was helping me and casually tossed out "That's Tanzania."  So I humored her. And she's either some crazy geography genius or the luckiest guesser in the world.

There  may have been some celebrating around this house in March. (We assumed it wasn't going to end well so made Sarah go to bed at halftime. Oops. And she was the only one who had picked Kansas to win it all.)

Annika had a couple soccer games down in Colorado Springs.

...where it's always windy... But look what we found after the game! Ritas!!

This is (as far as I know) an east coast treasure that we had to teach her whole team about.

The next day back down in Denver for a game.

After that game we met up with Tracie and her family. Tracie is a dear med school friend of mine who was passing through Denver. So we got to meet each other's kids and go on an absurdly windy and cold hike.

I'm not sure what's happening here but I love that for the most part, they don't take themselves too seriously yet.

Annika and her friend Rehanna participated in the Peep contest.

You have to create a scene from a book using Peeps. They did the scene from Harry Potter book 4 with the Peep Ball (instead of the Yule Ball). So much time making sure Parvati looked like Parvati...

They won second place. Here they are with their friend Rosie who got first place for Peepilton. Which was Hamilton. And not Bridgerton which was my first guess. And probably not appropriate for middle school Peep contests.

Heading was finally allowed this season. It'll take a little time to get headers to go where you intended. :)

There's the farmer's tan and then there's the soccer tan, where you have super tan knees and that's about all.

Sarah had this piece of art in the district art show.

Several of Naomi's photos made the show including this one of her ballet bestie Lucy.

And this one of Annika.

This one was her favorite.

She also had a couple ipad art pieces.

This is my favorite.

My friend from soccer hosted an Easter Egg hunt with a few other neighborhood kids. 

We gave her a few chances to smile, she didn't.

On Easter morning we opened Easter baskets...

...And took a family pic.

Here we are, full dresses and all.

Ready for church

With our Colorado cousins

Easter dinner with some of our favorite people.

The kid table.

Never too old for Easter egg hunts.

This is what happens when you let the big kids hide the eggs.

Sarah and Timothy


Asher and Annika

My sweet puppy
So lucky to be mine
and all mine
everybody else doesn't deserve her.

Sarah played a few very good soccer games while I silently (not so silently) screamed not to pass it to the middle on defense.

I signed up for Westview Soccer, the first year they have had it in a while. It was co-ed. With my other soccer,  I could only make it to 1 practice a week and this one game.

There were very few girls on the team, and the other team was huge, but I pretty much crushed it and stood my ground.

Seriously though -- I was so impressed with how Annika played. It was her first game on an 11 v 11 field with a bunch of kids who were a head taller than her and had facial hair. Which isn't at all to say that her team even came close to winning. :)

Naomi's ballet company performed Don Quixote, a very interesting story.

An idea of the set at dress rehearsals -- Naomi's back there with the pink legwarmers.

There is so much sisterhood in dance.

This was the first performance without masks since COVID started.

Naomi and Lucy were part of the Dryad Corps and understudies for Kitri's friends which were some of the lead roles. And they were praying hard that the casted leads didn't get covid. 😅

Naomi and her friend Ella.

Some quick pics from the wings.



Annika loves playing midfield and it's been fun to watch her develop a really strong sense of the field.

We went to a Rapids game with a bunch of her team mates and their families.

They go nuts for goals which is why...

We made it onto the jumbotron, second time in a row babyyy. (They actually also made the highlight reels on TV!)

No comments: