Sunday, December 1, 2024

September 2024


Annika did this month's blog so get ready for some serious XC coverage.

Naomi got Sugar Plum in the Nutcracker this year. Pretty hype.

We spent an afternoon on the lake by Uncle Dave and Aunt Val's cabin.

Sun and water and paddleboards and fishing. Let's keep in mind that while there was sun, the water was not as warm as the Gulf of Mexico. It's cold up in those mountains, people.
 
Fish were caught! (and released)

Naomi and I prefered to soak in sun.

On Labor Day we hung out with friends from church. We divided into two groups. The adrenaline junkies went mountain biking. 

The rest of us went for a hike. Mom's commentary: These families mean so much to us. 10 adults, 13 kids... All trying to live faithfully, loving each other and being alongside one another on this journey.

After the workout, kids floated down the river.

Sarah wants to warn you that there are lots of running pictures coming up:

Next up for XC, RE-1J District Meet.

The course is at Lyons High School.

Niwot is always tough competition.






I ran 22:32 and was third on my team.


I even made the school instagram page.

There was a school district parade (because Longmont loves a good parade) to showcase the district. 

9/14 -- Rough Rider Invitational. I got clipped 200m in (BY MY OWN TEAMMATE) and wiped out but managed to finish in 22:57, 3rd on my team.

This is a bookmark being given out at the library this year with Naomi on it. 

Naomi's ballet company performed downtown during Art Walk, a festival filled with all kinds of visual and performing arts.

Donuts for my birthday breakfast! Daddy wins for getting up early enough to get donuts before school.


Not a lot of time to celebrate this year -- I went from school to XC practice to soccer practice and then finally home in time to eat a treat and go to the basement to study.

Next meet was the St Vrain Invitational at Lyons High -- I ran 21:52 and was second on my team.

The girl who won first at that race? Saw her in Sports Illustrated as I was flipping through that afternoon -- top in the nation, Gatorade XC player of the year. So yeah, plenty of competition out here.

I celebrated my birthday with some school friends over the weekend, which was magically free of activities.



The next morning I had an early morning soccer game in the rain.

Mom went on a hike and had dinner out with her friends as an early birthday celebration.

We had lots of tomatoes this year. Lots and lots. So we had a lot of salsa. And tomato soup.

We had our first orchestra concert, which has been super fun this year. I am in the adavanced orchestra, so the music is challenging but fun. I am all the way to your left. I had just come from cross country, otherwise my hair would not be in a ponytail. 

Mom and Dad took the day off to go on a hike in RMNP as the colors were changing.





After their hike they came down to Estes Park where I was with my team at the Longs Peak Invite

These girls have been so supportive all year, and through tears and smiles, they have loved me. It was a great way to start off high school.

Who doesn't love the starting line? All of the built-up nerves, everyone is waiting for the gun to go off, and then...BANG, we're gone. 



I finished this race in 22:16, and placed first on the team.

After a few bye weeks, fall soccer is in full swing for me.

And for Sarah!

We finished off the month by celebrating Mom's birthday. Thanks Mom, for everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the family pictures! UJ

TheWhiteFamily said...

I love seeing all of these updates! I am so proud of all three of you girls! Also, your parents are pretty amazing too!