The end of twelve weeks... I return to work this week. When Naomi was born, twelve weeks seemed like an eternity of time off. Hard to believe it's over.
Naomi has started to like feeling things and different textures, making her taggie from Oma a huge hit. She also seems to be finding midline, wanting to help hold her bottle and putting her hands together. I figure it won't be long before she's grabbing for things with some intention.
She's been sleeping through the night now for two glorious weeks. It's funny how quickly I've gotten used to that and have come to expect it. This past Friday she woke at 2am, and I was so annoyed. Where did my sleeping angel go? I spent an hour trying to convince her to go back to sleep before giving in and feeding her. But last night she did well again, so we'll see. I just need her to sleep well so I sleep well before work days.
She's also started this very frustrating habit of guzzling down her first two ounces and then squirming and fussing and refusing more, though I know she is hungry. Feeding her now sometimes takes a good 45 minutes, mostly of her tonguing the bottle out of her mouth. I hope the people at daycare have the patience to push through that. Or maybe fix the habit. :)
Similarly, she seems to be losing interest in the pacifier... Ugh...
I put the nail-cutting gone awry picture in the album to remind me to mention how reassuring it is to know that other mom's do things like this too. I know Naomi will get over it just fine, and that I'll likely hurt her again before this childhood thing is all said and done, but it still made me feel like a jerk for hurting her. But at least a jerk in good company. So Bernadette, thanks for giving me not only the nail clippers but the liquid band-aid with the promise that I'd catch some skin eventually.
What else? Clifton and I did some lawn work this weekend--planting lots of new stuff for summer, weeding, spreading mulch... I filled my flowerbox with marigolds because people say they can't die. I promise you--I can kill them. I do every year, and every year I plant them again. Someday I'll learn.
With work starting, this might be the last weekly entry I do... I'll still put little updates here and pictures, just probably not in such a scheduled manner...
1 comment:
ha ha ha ha... glad you got over the nail cutting misadventure! Erik has cut baby nails exactly ONCE for that reason. Good to hear Naomi is sleeping well. Amazing how quickly those weeks of sleep deprivation fade?
Enjoy this last bit of time unencumbered by work. Then, enjoy your time back at work. It will make your family time so much sweeter.
Kisses to all
Post a Comment