(He does want you to know that the woman who is finishing effortlessly in front of him was not in his race. She and the other guy were finishing their 10K as he finished his run... After getting smoked by a girl in his marathon this past summer, I'm pretty sure he's motivated to make sure that never happens again...)
Monday, March 28, 2011
Clifton's half marathon
This past Sunday we got up, Clifton ran a half marathon, then we went to church, you know, the usual... This Boulder Spring Half Marathon was meant to be motivation to continue training for the NYC marathon in November. Except that he didn't really train for it. Clifton once told me that anyone can run 13 miles if they just run slowly enough. I stared blankly at him. That's the funny thing about him. It's just so much a part of who he is that he doesn't realize that it doesn't come naturally to the rest of us. So he's not overly impressed that without training, he finished the race in 1:21:09 (16th overall and 4th in his age group). But I am.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, Clifton! Awesome job!! We are very proud of you too! Can't wait to cheer you on in November.
Also, thank you Alison for blogging about this! Great pic, great writing as always :)
Alison, I too would have joined you in staring blankly.
Post a Comment