Saturday, June 11, 2011

Naomi's first car

Clifton's civic has about 210,000 miles on it, and has been showing some signs that it may not hold up forever. So we've been looking for a car to replace it--trying to balance fuel efficiency with practical for a family (those car seats are not small!) and logical for Colorado terrain. So this past week we bought a CR-V. 

We hope to put enough miles on it and enough little dings to make Naomi as embarrassed as every 16 year old should be having to drive around her parents' car.

Like what Clifton would've taken his prom date in if it didn't die days before:


Or what I first drove (thanks, Mom and Dad!)


5 comments:

callie feyen said...

I was in that car, wasn't I? It rocked.
My dad has the same CR-V, and it is a very nice car. Hope you guys enjoy it! Can Naomi pick Hadley up and take her to Calvin? :)

Lori Feierabend said...

I got such a kick out of this! Especially seeing the old station wagon - wow the memories with that car. Congrats on your new one!! Great choice!

Alison and Clifton Railsback said...

yeah, callie, you probably were in that gem. at one point, we had a white one AND a blue one. naomi would love to go to calvin via maryland, though it would be easier if you just moved out here before then.

Alison and Clifton Railsback said...

lori--it's hard to believe how outdated the cr-v will look in a few years if the dodge aries station wagon is any indication! glad you enjoyed the memories. :)

Jen Riley said...

We're big CRV fans, although our model is slightly older. In fact, if it's still kicking when Katherine's driving, I'm not sure I'm going to want to part with it.