Another great week. We started with Sarah's first trip to church. Clifton was bringing Naomi to Sunday school, and Annika was home with Oma. So Sarah and I settled into our seats before the service started and within seconds she had popped out her pacifier, which proceeded to roll forward. Our church has a sloped floor, so I'm on my hands and knees with Sarah looking for it. Every sweet old lady in the six pews in front of us was also on their hands and knees looking for it. It was quite a sight. Also, if you want to make friends at church, show up with a baby. I'm not sure I've ever talked to so many people. Everyone loves babies.
Sunday afternoon Sarah made her first trip to Pearl Street, and Monday she came along with Amber and Suzi and me for a girls' day out. Tuesday and Wednesday were quiet days in, and Oma and Opa came late Thursday night. We are so thankful that they are here to help us for the next three weeks!
Sarah continues to be a very laid back baby, not unlike the other girls were at this age. She pretty much is just eating and sleeping. If I feed her at 10pm, she'll sleep until about 2am and then again until about 6am. I know this is about as good as I could hope for, but am thankful for my mom being here to enforce nap time for me during the afternoon. Sarah appears to have a little reflux, but it doesn't seem to affect her eating or sleeping much--just how often I am changing her (and my) outfits.
The other big news for the week is that Oma started potty training Annika. I had forgotten how stressful that is and how impatient I am compared to my mom. We are two days in and I'm ready to throw in the towel, but she's pushing through, so I will too. Annika is probably more capable than Naomi was when she was potty trained, but also a lot more stubborn than Naomi ever was which makes life interesting.
In general, and as expected, this transition has been harder on Annika than Naomi. We are trying to give her a little extra grace and attention without giving up control (inasmuch as we have control). I remember similar struggles with Naomi when Annika was born, so we know this will pass--just a lot of changes all at once. Her fiery personality is what makes her so maddening and yet so endearing.
Naomi loves her new sister--she wants to hold her all the time and has been very helpful around the house. She's in a good stage right now--uncharacteristically generous with Annika and obedient with us. It won't last, but we'll take what we can get. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment