This should've been in last week's post, but I forgot it since it was on my phone. Anyway, this is us at our anniversary of our engagement picnic. Seven years since I said yes at this place.
And then we went and saw A Midsummer Night's Dream at an outdoor amphitheater.
This is Naomi at her ballet class. So cute.
And this is Annika at Naomi's ballet class. We're getting two for the price of one because Annika stands back there and does everything the teacher does.
But sometimes a girls gotta take a break, underwear hanging out and all.
Annika trying to sneak up on Opa
Somehow you can never sneak up on Opa.
But he's always good for a hug.
After almost four awesome weeks with us, Mom and Dad had to leave. Boo. I'm totally wishing I had gotten the kids dressed and combed their hair, but I didn't think about the picture until it was time for them to go. Who are we kidding? This is how they look 90% of the time anyway, so at least we're true to ourselves.
At work this past week I found this on my desk. Which is a surprisingly accurate model of a patient I saw recently who was there for a "toe laceration." When you read that on your schedule it seems pretty straight forward. Until you take off the dressing and find a small piece of skin holding the whole thing together. So this is my PSA: you should probably go to the emergency room if your finger or toe looks like this.
This past weekend we went to Palo Alto to visit Shannon and Sean so the guys could run a marathon. Here we are at the top of the, um, some beautiful bell tower on campus, it probably has a name, at Stanford.
Here we are after the race expo--the guys mapping out their morning. Which was early. Who starts races at 5:30am? And of course you can't just show up at the start line and run. No way. We're talking at least an hour before that. At least we were on Colorado time. So waking up at 3:40 is like waking up at 4:40, which sounds way more awesome.
We walked around for a little while that afternoon
Shannon and Sean may never want to travel with me again after I make them do enough of these kinds of photos, but they were good to humor me this time. Race photos in next week's post! Spoiler alert: neither of the guys died running. Which is mostly what I hope for in these things, and after Boston, a not so ridiculous prayer of mine.









2 comments:
That toe/finger thing is hilarious. And I don't know who put that on your desk but I want to be his/her friend. This seems like the sort of thing we would've done at Calvin.
i know, right? she's pretty cool. i'll pass along your admiration of her work. :)
Post a Comment