We had a really fun visit with the Farmers at our house! This is Sarah getting reacquainted with Owen.
He's only three months younger, and we think they'd make a pretty cute couple.
And if they get married, this is *totally* going in their wedding slideshow. Just sayin'.
Sarah loves grabbing anything. Faces are a favorite. Thanks for sharing your face, Travis.
Annika (in her princess dress, naturally) showing Mr. Farmer how her toy crab works.
Building at the playground...
Sarah loved all the snuggling and attention!
Sarah's new second head injury before the first one resolved. We've got a dare-devil on our hands.
Speaking of which, remember last week when I posted a photo of a very proud Sarah who had made it to the bottom step? One week later I left her alone for five minutes downstairs and found her upstairs playing in the toilet. Made me feel like an awesome Mama. You can see her second trip up the stairs here:
And when she's not clawing at faces and climbing flights of stairs unsupervised, she's eating grass.
And looking really cute.
On the fourth of July the girls put on their super cute shirts from the Farmers...
and boarded a plane to fly to Minnesota. Sarah did great on her first flight, face-clawing and what not.
And Naomi and Annika did too, but of course who can't be well behaved when watching a DVD and eating endless snacks?
We spent a long weekend in Minnesota playing with cousins. Matt and Zach were so good with Baby Sarah.
While Lily and Naomi set up this farmer's market produce stand. It looks like this picture was taken 0.2 seconds before that truck ran over them.
We had a fun 4th of July BBQ dinner. Best part of dinner time? Kids' tables.
After dinner Sam had a really great idea to make a flag fruit pizza. The kids loved it.
Look at this cute patriotic kid.
The kids throwing poppers all at the same time. Except for Annika who didn't get the memo.
Watching some fireworks in the street.
Kate was not a big fan of the fireworks, but here's Annika trying to convince her to get closer, telling her these aren't noisy ones.
And of course the fun of sparklers!
Annika was loving this tricycle and vintage helmet. How awesome is that thing?
Uncle Chris took on trying to teach Naomi how to ride a bike without training wheels. Day one. I think Chris did most of the work in that 15 minutes.
Kate played so nicely with Baby Sarah.
And this girl now pulls herself up to standing on anything.
See. here she thinks she's controlling the Wii game.
Day two with Uncle Chris. Amazing what progress can be made in a day.
So I'm pretty sure this isn't how this playground toy is supposed to work, as evidenced by the multiple disapproving glances from other parents. I mean, if merry-go-rounds on the ground aren't safe enough to still be on playgrounds, then probably we shouldn't load our kids on one six feet off the ground.
But man did they have fun.





5 comments:
Those weren't disapproving looks from other parents. They were jealous that their kids aren't as tough or smart as the Railback kiddos.
i just told those other parents that the hartemink kids started it.
Callie, just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. Wish I had known your great ideas when I was teaching reading. Your girls are precious!
Alison, you already know how much I love your comments and pictures, so I won't tell you again!
Love, Aunt Sara
yes, callie is a beautiful writer and old, faithful friend.
Thank you very much, Sara, for your kind words. They made my day. And thank you, Alison, for your sweet description. I really appreciate it.
Post a Comment