Big week for us. We managed to make it to church on Easter Sunday. Combine my desire to get out of the house with the fact that it was Easter and we were eager to see our friends, and it didn’t seem like such a hard decision to make. Getting ourselves organized enough to get there on time was the hard part. Naomi slept through it all.
Clifton went back to work full time on Monday, and Naomi and I stayed home. We are learning about each other. She entered the world knowing almost nothing, and yet I feel like I’m on the steeper learning curve… Thanks to those of you who have been there for my ridiculous and not ridiculous questions. We are trying to learn a bit of a schedule for both of our sleep and sanity levels, but not be so driven by schedule that we feel tied down.
I’m physically doing better. We made it out for some walks around the block on the nice days, which we’ve had a lot of. Only in Colorado can I hang the diapers out to dry in the sunshine, go inside, ten minutes later be taking them all down because it is snowing hard, and within half an hour again have bright sunshine and rising temperatures. But that’s why we live here. We love it.
Naomi and I made our first trip out of the house together alone this week. We went to Target. It was our trial run to prove that we could do it before her doctor’s appointment next week. And we did it.
We’ve had people from our church bringing us delicious meals every other day this week which has been a wonderful blessing. It’s so nice not only to not cook, but also not do dishes. Like my mom says, food always tastes better when you’re not the one to prepare it.
So far, so good. Thanks for your emails and calls.
No comments:
Post a Comment