Is it week three already??? I know I still have nine weeks left of maternity leave, but I’m already dreading how quickly these weeks have gone.
We had our two-week doctor’s visit. Naomi is up to 7 pounds, 9 ounces, jumping from the 15th percentile to the 25th percentile. It’s amazing how good it is for a mother to hear her child is growing… that the nourishment I provide is doing something…
I love my mornings with Naomi. I know it sounds strange because those follow a night of interrupted sleep, but I do. I usually get up a little before she does, make a pot of coffee (which I now love again—just didn’t taste as good during pregnancy), and then go to wake her up. We sit in her nursery and nurse her as I sip on my coffee and we sing to whatever CD is in the CD player. Well, I do most of the singing. She accompanies me with loud smacking as she eats or with burping and pooping. But it works. That quiet time with her is my favorite time we have together.
This week she did well with her “schedule.” Maybe I should call it more of a routine. She’s a pretty self-soothing child, so goes to sleep well even when laid down wide awake. Not always, but often. I keep waiting for all this to change. She is having a lot more awake time after nursing which is also fun. It gives her time to experience some of her toys and books, and lets Clifton also feel more in touch with her. For the first two weeks, it was mostly just sleeping and nursing.
No comments:
Post a Comment