Have you ever looked at a word that you know you spelled right but it still looks wrong? I feel that way about "eighth."
This week was a packed week. Opa and Oma left on Tuesday morning. We were so blessed to have them come and pamper us, love on Naomi, work around the house, and just spend time here. I have learned to appreciate these things more as our families are pretty spread out, so time together is precious time. Maybe even moreso as I see Naomi changing almost daily. So any of you who saw her at birth and haven't seen her since need to come back and visit, because you wouldn't believe the little person she is becoming.
Tuesday night Clifton had his first softball game of the season. The team is comprised of a lot of friends from church. He really enjoys the games, and I like the chance to chat with our friends. Last year I sat out because I didn't want to embarrass myself. This year I have a perfect excuse (Naomi) to not play. Interestingly last year there were no team babies. This year there are four. We form our own little cheering section.
Wednesday night our friends Steve and Suzi got into town. They spent a couple days looking at lots of houses. By Saturday they had narrowed down the list to five, so they, along with the realtor, along with me, Clifton and Naomi, along with Suzi's childhood best friend Cathy and her husband Greg and their six month old Noah, went along to re-look at the top five so we could give our unsolicited opinions on which house they should buy. They ended up making an offer on a really nice house only a mile from ours and we are all eagerly awaiting to hear what comes of that.
Clifton's mom was in the hospital this week for a urinary tract infection that required IV antibiotics. She made a good turn around and should be heading home today. We are looking forward to going to OK over Memorial Day weekend for her to meet Naomi. How hard can an 11 hour car ride (each way when it's only two adults in the car) be with an infant?
My goal for the coming week is to finish birth announcements (thank goodness you weren't actually counting on those to announce the birth or you'd have been waiting a while), so you can plan to see those in the mail in the nearish future. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment