Sunday, May 4, 2008

Seventh week

We had a great week. Naomi's big accomplishments were smiling more consistently when prompted, staring intently at moving things like her mobile, transitioning to formula like a champ, and sleeping longer at night. Monday night we thought we were the luckiest parents ever when she slept from 11 until 5am. Tuesday she did it again, though woke briefly at 3am before putting herself back to sleep. The rest of the week--not so much. We're making progress though. I am still hopeful that she will get to six hours of sleep before I go back to work.

My parents were in town this week which was wonderful. Not only did they help with a lot of the day to day stuff, but we got a lot of our projects done too. Clifton and I had created a "to do" list for our summer projects. All but two of them are done thanks to them helping us. It was also nice to have willing babysitters right here, allowing us to spend some time together doing little things like running errands, exercising together (Clifton runs; I try to keep up on the bike), and a date night!

I have been fortunate in that the transition from breast to bottle feeding was smooth both physically and emotionally. It helps that Naomi is so young that she doesn't know the difference. As long as she gets fed, she doesn't seem to care how it comes to her. And on my medications, my symptoms have improved quite a bit. I'm still pretty stiff in the morning, but am sleeping much better and getting around a lot better. It is amazing how much discomfort impacts your outlook on life.

My parents leave this week and our friends Steve and Suzi arrive from PA to look for places to live when they move out here in August, so another packed and fun week ahead.

1 comment:

Kelley Kaminsky said...

Hello Railsbacks! Just wanted to tell you we enjoy reading your weekly entries and seeing new photos of Naomi. She is really beautiful--looks like her daddy in the eyes, we think. Alison--I'm glad you are managing with the transition to bottles and also managing the pain. You are amazing! Happy First Mother's Day, my friend. Love you-Kelley (and David and Harrison too)