I'm starting to dread writing these because each new post represents another week that has passed... another week that our baby is older... and another week closer to going back to work. It's not so much that I dislike my job. In fact, this week we established that it takes me nine weeks of joblessness to realize I like work, and I even miss it a bit. I just wish I could take Naomi with me. I could put her in a sling and we'd see patients together...
Sunday was Naomi's baby dedication at church. In our church we do that in lieu of infant baptism. She was squirmy but mostly quiet. Keeping her that way was tricky.
She doesn't have any big new skills this week, but general improvement in her old ones. She smiles more consistently, is able to track and stare at things very well, has improving head control, kicks a lot with her legs, and does a little cooing. Last week she was sleeping consistently from 11pm til 5am, but over the weekend (when we'd most like to sleep) decided to keep us awake with her. I did learn inadvertantly that when we have the fan on in our bedroom, I can sleep right through her cries. There are worse things.
This week she also had her first babysitter (not counting staying with Oma and Opa). Clifton and I went to see "Fiddler on the Roof" last night at the Longmont Theater. It was a great production, and Naomi (we are told) was a good girl for Sharon, who is a nurse at my office and friend of mine.
Clifton's mom was back in the hospital this week. She was put on more antibiotics to treat an infection, though no one seems to know the origin of the infection. She made another quick turnaround, and is being discharged with hospice nurses who will visit her home and add some additional care. We are going there this weekend to see her and for her to meet Naomi.
Hope all is well in your parts of the world...
1 comment:
Hey Guys--
Naomi looked like such a sweetie for her dedication. Adorable!
I completely understand what you are going through with the passing of time as it nears going back to work. It's great you will only have to go part time, and to know she is safe in the hands of my cuz while you are working! Hi to Suzi!
We got your announcement this week...precious! Beautiful and simple--just the way I like it.
Love and Hugs to Naomi.
The Kaminskys
Post a Comment