Another good week with the girls.
Annika had a weight/bilirubin check at nine days of life. She had gained a pound since her previous visit one week prior, so now is weighing in at 8 pounds, 4 ounces. I already have a sense of sadness that she's getting so big so fast. Seems a little crazy, I know. I just so much want to enjoy these tender first days and weeks.
We also had to get a hearing restest for Annika because she failed the one she did before she was discharged from the hospital. She passed in the right ear on her retest, but not on the left. We got a free consult with my brother Dave (an ENT) who recommended we follow up with a pediatric ENT in the next month or so, but not to worry as it will likely resolve on it's own with time. Honestly, even if it doesn't, I could cope with that pretty easily.
On Tuesday our good friends the Browns came into town for the Scientific Assembly which is a national convention for family practice doctors which happened to be in Denver this year. Later that night my mom arrived for a two week stay with with us. The following day Shereen, another friend from residency, got here, so we had a fun week of catching up with old friends. Clearly Annika didn't lack for attention this week!
Oma graciously offered to take on potty training with Naomi this week while she was here. I thought she was a little crazy, but was happy to let her try. That experience really deserves a blog unto itself. I'll work on that later. But let's put it this way: Oma is *way* more patient than I am, and it pays off.
Mid-week I turned 34. Mom made a big lasagna dinner and we invited everyone over. When all was said and done we had 18 people here! It was so fun to have everyone in one place at one time. It'll be hard to top that next year. :)
Annika continues to eat really well--the hardest part is waking her up to keep eating because she gets so sleepy when eating. She's sleeping well too. One night this week she slept for six hours in a row, and one night I put her to bed at 11pm and got nervous when I woke at 6am! I'm not counting on this to be a pattern, but won't be disappointed if she sleep through the night even sooner than Naomi did at 10 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment