Thursday, November 4, 2010

Annika's sixth week

I'm having a hard time motivating myself to write these weekly updates because we generally have pretty slow days, so there's not a lot of excitement to report. But for the sake of Annika someday accusing me of not loving her as much as I did Naomi, let me try to think of something to say. :)

Annika's week was pretty good. Definitely more awake time, though she doesn't yet have a time of day that she is predictably awake. Naomi pretty much refused her evening nap at this stage. She's nursing better which is nice, but isn't as thrilled with the bottle. Usually she'll go at it aggressively for the first ounce or so, then need to be burped, and then have a hard time getting interested in the rest of the milk. So it seems to take nearly as long to give her the bottle as it does to nurse. Sleep is unchanged--waking once during the night to eat.

Head control is getting better. She actually seems to enjoy tummy time, though often just falls asleep in that position. She's also just starting her social smile. She coos a bit more these days as well.

Naomi's had a pretty good week. She's essentially accident free in the potty arena which is so nice. She doesn't need much in the way of reminders either. She's resisting some afternoon naps which makes me completely crazy, but will still stay in her bed, usually happily, for a couple hours even if not sleeping. Somehow she hasn't realized that she can get out of her top bunk without permission--and if any of you tell her, I'll hurt you. I will.

We've been trying to get out of the house for all of our sakes, so weekly trips to the library, finding new playgrounds, etc. I've also been working on some fun projects around the house--making curtains this week. Someday I might even get around to birth announcements!

My arthritis is a bit worse again this week. For now I'm pushing through, but we'll see how long nursing lasts before I need to get back on my injections.

The weather has been delightful. Clifton's still biking to work most days. When he gets home, I've been going out for a ride around the lake in our neighborhood. It's great to have some quiet time to myself, get some exercise, and enjoy being outside because it won't be long before we're spending a whole lot more time inside! And the sun setting behind the mountains rivals it setting over the Gulf in Florida...

1 comment:

sara mcdaniel said...

Even your slow days are exciting to us! You amaze me with all you do even with the pain of your arthritis. Love, Aunt Sara