Annika's getting so big! We even have the numbers to prove it. She had her two month well child check. She's 11 pounds, 6 ounces (about a pound more than Naomi was at this age) which puts her at the 50th percentile. She screamed a little longer than Naomi ever did with immunizations, but who can blame her? She's cooing and can almost giggle. Her eyes are darker blue than Naomi's were at this age. Clifton reminds her before we put her down at night that Naomi slept through the night by now, and it would be good for her to follow suit. So far, no luck with her sleeping until 6, though she's consistently sleeping from 10:30 until 5ish. Which is pretty good. I'm just hoping for that extra hour before I go back to work.
I stopped nursing early this week because my joint pain just got to be too much. I thought it would be less emotional this time, having gone this way before with everything turning out just fine. I know logically this is best for me, and therefore, best for her. But I had the same sense of sadness as I nursed her, knowing it was the last time that I would do it. Fortunately, she's transitioned to formula just fine, and I can already feel relief with my injections. In fact, I've cut my steroid dose in half already.
Thanksgiving was wonderful. We spent it with Dave, Val and Jeremy, and Todd and Catie (friends from church) joined us for dinner. Lots of good food and fellowship. We are thankful for all of you in our lives and now are happy to enter into a season of Advent.
3 comments:
I have some formula canisters I was given that we don't use, if you want them.
sure, if you wouldn't otherwise use them that would be great.
I'm sorry to hear about the joint pain, but very glad that you're already feeling some relief. You absolutely made the right call. :) Thank you as always for your wonderful updates!
Post a Comment