Sunday, March 10, 2013

Week Eighteen

I couldn't decide which of these was cuter...

...so you get both! By the way, if you are straining to figure out what is on her onesie, it is Trogdor. If you don't know who that is, please refer to: http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail58.html
I will warn you: you may not be the least bit entertained by it.

Nothing like shirtless day with some face painting. Two beautiful butterflies.

Up close.

Up really close.

Getting ready for the final touch to the butterfly look: 

A mustache. Why not?

Look who turned four twelfths this week!

This big girl.

She's so big that she and Big Baby are almost the same size. 

What the? She just realized Big Baby was next to her. 

With the shock worn off, Sarah sizes up her competition.

First Big Baby, now Annika cramping her style. 

Looking for a little help, Mom. 

What's going on here? Well, you see, this bear is sad that his mom made him wear a turtleneck leotard, so he started crying. Hard enough that his eyes turned red. Of course.

Trying solids for the first time. 

Amused...

...but had more fun spitting it back out. We'll try again in a few weeks.

We were supposed to have a great snowstorm; but we got this lousy 2 inches.

Still enough to make snow angels with your friend...

...and go flying down the hill at high speeds.

Annika wanted nothing to do with the sledding. And below you'll see why.

At the bottom of this hill there was a grassy water retention area that is usually frozen. Because we had a warm week, it was a 4' wide by 1' deep pool of ice water. So Clifton and Steve took turns catching the kids at the bottom of the hill before they could sail into the water. Except when Clifton wanted to film Naomi flying over a jump. And catch her at the same time. This was good times America's Funniest Home Video style. Fortunately, she got over a face full of ice water pretty quickly. I'll have to get Steve's copy of this to post which is even funnier...


8 comments:

Callie Feyen said...

It's impossible not to be happy after reading these posts. They are hilarious and beautiful. The Big Baby picture made me laugh slash cry.

Mink said...

thank you. that is very kind. and yes, big baby can sneak up on you. she's just big and realistic enough that i often see her out of the corner of my eye hanging half off the sofa and have a moment of total panic before realizing it is not sarah... she's pretty popular around here.

Anonymous said...

Big Baby and Sarah, thanks for the good belly laugh you gave me! Love, Aunt Sara

Mink said...

Big Baby's an important part of our family. Thanks for giving her to us!

Anonymous said...

Is there a way to receive email alerts of comments? I receive your weekly post alerts, but not individual comments.

Alison, I love your sweet, funny comments. Love your beautiful, butterfly girls, too!

Happy Easter from Aunt Sara

Mink said...

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that, Aunt Sara. Let me do some research--I'll let you know what I find.

Fat Clown said...

That bear picture will haunt my nightmares for weeks. Its poor, bloody, tearful eyes...the turtleneck leotard...its mournful cries of "straddle...straddle...straddle..."

Mink said...

I know, right? The only thing worse would be that bear in a labyrinth.