Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sarah's fifth week

Another good week at home with the girls. 

On Monday, Naomi and Annika enjoyed decorating the Christmas tree. And despite many close calls and my frequent cringing, no ornaments were broken. (The same cannot be said for the fate of one Santa ornament by the end of this week.)

Tuesday we celebrated Sarah's one month birthday. I cannot believe we are already at one month. Make it slow down.

On Thursday my mom and dad left to head back to Florida after three weeks here. It's always hard for me to see them leave, especially as the girls get older because I see how much the girls love being with them. I definitely want them to grow up knowing Oma and Opa. Guess we'll just have lots of visits... When I got back from the airport, Annika asked where they were. I explained they were gone and she walked around the house calling out, "Oma and Opa! Come baaaack!"

This weekend we did a little Christmas shopping and went to our city's Christmas celebration complete with parade and fireworks and hot chocolate. Other than the plummeting temperatures, it was a lot of fun.

Sarah had a good week too. She's definitely spending more time awake and is getting quite a bit of head control now. She still eats well, but also does a lot of spitting up which I'm pretty sure is reflux. Doesn't seem to bother her as much as it bothers me, so I don't think we'll do anything about it at this point. 

My arthritis is just starting to act up again. Nothing that I can't deal with, but enough to make me realize that I'm on borrowed time before I need to make some medication changes. 

Overall Clifton and I feel tired and at times overwhelmed, but more than anything, thankful for each other and blessed to have these three sweet loves in our lives.


5 comments:

Lori said...

Again I am so inspired by your making the time to share these lovely descriptions of Sarah's first weeks. They are precious to us, living far away and thinking all the time of how things are there! Thank you Alison!!

Ginny said...

You should move back to FL, for the kids. It's criminal to keep them so far from Oma and Opa.

Mink said...

clifton and i were talking about this. you probably won't ever move to CO. and i'm not too thrilled about FL. how about retiring in costa rica together?

Mink said...

glad you enjoy reading this--it's so much easier for me to do this than keeping in touch with everyone personally in these first couple months... hopefully i'll be better about that soon. :)

Lori said...

You are amazing to be doing this at all!! I know it's an incredibly busy time, with the holidays too!