Saturday, December 1, 2012

Week Four

Sarah got her first bottle from Clifton this week. Took it like a champ.

 Just hanging out

If Sarah's ever arrested, we're pretty sure this is what her mugshot will look like.

I just can't stop taking pictures of this.

Annika wants to love on her in other ways. Like shoving her pacifier in whether she wants it or not.

 
Laying around in a diaper


Making cute faces


Like this. Check out that double chin!


And less cute but equally entertaining faces, like this.

Okay, I know you don't visit this blog to see pictures of me and Clifton, but we had to document what a day would look like without Naomi and Annika. Because guess what: we had a day without Naomi and Annika when Oma and Opa agreed to take them for a couple nights down to my brother's house. (I should point out that my brother and his wife were gone, so my parents had our two kids and their two kids--four kids four and under. As far as we know, the kids are all still alive. Pretty amazing.)

  I wish I could say that we slept in. But we have a one month old. So we were still up by 6:30. But that's okay. Because we had pancakes for breakfast. And since we didn't have the girls to fight over who got to lick the pancake beaters (not sure why they do that), I suggested Clifton might like to try it. 

 And then we ate breakfast. In front of the TV. We had forgotten how much fun that is. (Not sure why I let this picture be taken, or why I'm posting it other than for the sake of completeness. And yes, Calvin friends, my favorite sweatshirt is still the KH one from sophomore year.)

And while we ate breakfast we watched Gameday.
  
And then we went for a walk around the lake by our house.

And then picked out a Christmas tree. This is so much easier to do without kids.

 Though we did bring this one with us. 

 And since we didn't have the kids to put on the roof of the van for the annual tree-on-roof-we-can't-believe-our-twine-job-held-up photo, I asked Clifton to do it. He's such a good sport.

 After watching the SEC championship (without being interrupted by requests to watch Doc McStuffins), we ate take out dinner. You got it: in front of the TV

 Then we put up the lights and listened to Christmas music, which is more fun if done while drinking a martini

All done. What a wonderful gift of a day. Thanks, Mom and Dad! Now, if Sarah would just sleep through the night...

2 comments:

Jerry said...

What a great way to spend the day! I definitely approve of the martini. ;)

Lori said...

Thrilled for you guys!! What a fun day, and what wonderful grandparents!

Sweet Sarah is so beautiful!