What an exciting week to be the parent of young children! So many fun things to do and sing and taste and see and celebrate. We went to the Christmas Eve service at church where they had recruited Sarah to play the role of Baby Jesus in the Christmas story. When I got there I learned that I had the part of midwife, so that left Clifton alone with two little ones in the pew. Clearly the harder of our two roles.
That night we came home, made homemade pizza, and let the girls open their stockings. They went to bed happily knowing that the sooner they slept, the sooner Christmas morning would be here. And then they slept in. When we all got up we had a nice quiet morning and took our time opening presensts. That night we went to the Parsons for a turkey dinner along with Suzi's mom and the Sabatos family.
The next day we left for Kansas to visit with my friend Rachel and her family. She and I were in residency at the same time and spent many, many hours together. (Side note: those were such good years in my life; so many great friendships. Despite the long hours and sleepless nights, I'd do them again in a heartbeat--except that I'd want Clifton there this time.)
From there we moved on to Bartlesville where we got to spend a lot of time with the Farmers, Jamie and Travis, and Lori and Jerry and Jack. We had a wonderful couple days there with people we love so much. As always, it was filled with amazing hospitality, great food, and fun conversation. We even managed to sneak away for a lunch out with the adults while Bob and Nancy graciously watched our kids!
And then back to Colorado for an early New Year's Eve party with Dave and Val and their boys. (Dave started call on 12/31 so we just celebrated the day before.) We had great food and drinks and lots of laughs playing the wii.
Of course Sarah had no shortage of attention during the week. She got lots of snuggles and loving from everyone. She was a great traveler and didn't really slow down our trip at all. She slept pretty well everywhere we stayed, but is still waking around 4am consistently. Hopefully that changes before I go back to work. Her reflux is definitely getting worse, and she seems to be more upset while eating and any time she's horizontal. We've tried the home remedies that I usually recommend to patients, so I think we'll discuss the possibility of medications at her check up next week.
It's hard to believe she's eight weeks old. It's fun to see how much she's grown and changed already. And I love watching Naomi and Annika as the ever-doting and helpful big sisters. Now, if we could just get them to love each other as much as they love her... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment