Monday, January 28, 2013

Sarah's twelfth week

A good quiet week around the house for us... as quiet as we get at least. Mostly just enjoying time with the girls and trying to spend some time one on one with the big girls while I have that luxury with Jess around. 

Sarah's getting bigger and bigger. She seems to have found midline this week and frequently clasps her hands together. She's trying to do a lot more during tummy time with lifting her head. And if left on her back, she'll roll to her side. The girl loves baths--the pool will be fun this summer. She still makes you work for a smile, but has no shortage of things to say with her cooing. And the reflux continues. It is so frustrating. Our other girls spit up, but this is a huge amount after *every* bottle. Ugh. It seems to interrupt most of her daytime naps but thankfully she is still going about 8 hours at night. I had hoped to be closer to 10 by the time I went back to work, but I'll take this.

This was my last week of maternity leave... The time has flown by. I feel like it was just yesterday that we were driving to the hospital in the middle of the night to welcome Sarah into the world. And now, here we are nearly three months into the journey. She's already changed so much, from a tiny newborn into a beautiful baby, taking in the big wonderful world around her. How amazing that we get to be a part of the process.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I love that Sarah loves baths! :) And I know the frustration of reflux. : P It can really drive you batty! Praying that she'll get better soon. (Jack's seemed to peak at 3 mos.)

Mink said...

we started zantac this week and it already seems so much better. phew!