Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sarah's eleventh week

Fun week at home--I find myself trying to cram in all that I can in these last couple weeks off. This week that meant a morning thrift shopping with Dave and Val, a coffee date with Val without kids, and a lunch with Suzi on her day off. On Thursday night Suzi hosted a cocktail party at her house for our colleagues to welcome a new doctor to the office and to welcome me back to work. It was great to see everyone who came. And of course Friday was Clifton's birthday. The girls and I met him for lunch at work and that night Jess came over so we could go out to eat with the two of us in Boulder. 

Sarah had a good week. She seems so much more interactive when she's awake. Lots of cooing and finally more generous with her smiles! She likes to lay on her back and kick her arms and legs around. She can get herself onto her side, but isn't anywhere close to rolling. I wouldn't be surprised if she does a lot of those skills a little later because we so rarely lay her down flat with her reflux. To give an idea of how awesome reflux is, she's in her fifth outfit today (and we don't change her for just little dribbles!). As for sleep, one morning I had to wake her up at 7am to eat! That was one good night, and didn't happen twice. Still we typically get around 8 hours at night.

The past couple days have been warmer which has been wonderful. The kids have been running around in the yard, drawing with chalk on the porch, and testing out their bikes. I can't wait for summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Sarah is a beautiful baby! Noticed her long eyelashes today. from a proud Aunt Sara

Lori said...

Sarah is already changing so much since we saw her just a few weeks ago!! Love the smiles :)

Mink said...

that's funny! i was just pointing them out to clifton yesterday! they seem to be getting longer. i don't remember them being long when she was born.

Mink said...

i know! it's going too fast...